Sunday, May 29, 2011

Something for Hazel

While most of these posts are to catalog what I have quilted, once in a while I will have something that I want to save here as well. This is a perfect example. When we found out that our third child would not get to live long my sister-in-law Amanda and my younger sister Brenda wanted to do something for us. Amanda made this tiny Double Wedding Ring quilt for her to be buried with and a duplicate for us to have as a keepsake. In the center of the quilt is a picture of the Mount Timpanogas temple where Ben and I were married and the embroidered words read 'The Rogers family is Forever'.





During college one of Brenda's projects was to make clothing for babies who were born premature. As Hazel was only 12 inches long and weighed in at 1 lb. 10 oz. she was quite small. Brenda made this beautiful white dress for her burial as well and it was so wonderful to not have to try to find these items but instead to have them lovingly made just for her. I don't think that I could thank these two enough for such wonderful gifts.


I should mention that they each completed their projects in less than a week. I'm so blessed to have such talented relatives!

No comments: