Sunday, May 29, 2011

Embroidered Elephant Baby Quilt

Many, many years ago my mom made this quilt top. I know that the picture quality is poor but each different color of embroidery thread is a different embroidery pattern. I know that she loved making this quilt top but just never got around to finishing it what with all of her kids and projects that always seemed to take precedence.




To finish this quilt there were some blank spaces that needed to be filled in so that when the quilt gets washed it doesn't fall apart. So I got online and printed out an eight-sided star pattern to fill in the voids.



I decided to use the green super soft fabric for the back of this one as Brenda has been trying to claim it for years and green is her favorite color. I also used a green thread to do all of the quilting which really makes the added eight-sided stars stand out more.





1 comment:

Chad, Melanie and Layla said...

I had NO idea your quilted! You are a woman of many talents! I love this cute elephant quilt!