Friday, October 23, 2009

Trip around the world

I love the color purple. My mom is one of the queens of Trip around the world quilts. She started making them a few years after her mom started making them. My mom is very picky about which fabrics go into each of her quilts. In a trip around the world quilt there is generally 9 fabrics to create the design. My mom usually ends up with enough fabrics to make 2 quilts as she changes her mind all the time and is continually looking for different fabrics that 'match' better. as you can see all of the extra effort really pays off and her quilts look amazing.
She knows that I love to quilt so she made this top for me then gave it to me to quilt.



I like to quilt designs into quilts when they work so in all the fabric in the quilt that is this color I quilted in these little squares. I went to a local store called 'Home Fabrics' and found the fabric for the back, it is 90" wide so I didn't have to buy as much and it goes really well with the colors that my mom chose for the front.










No comments: