Thursday, October 8, 2009

London Roads

Well here is the first picture that I could find on my computer. I made this quilt for my niece who was born April 1, 2007 . I had borrowed a quilt book from my mom earlier that year and at the same time my mom donated a bunch of her scraps to my budding piece quilt making skills:) So before she was born I decided to try to make a quilt. and this is the result. It was both fun and frustrating. I learned many things from this tiny quilt and was very happy that I had started this endeavor with a crib quilt and not a king size quilt. I like the actual quilting part the most but piecing quilts together isn't all bad.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

What a fun blog!! I love quilts. I've only made one big one and one baby one. I have always been bummed because my first one was the baby quilt and I gave it as a gift to a friend. I always wish I would have kept it. I don't think I even have a picture of it. I've considered telling my friend to give it back to me if she ever decides to get rid of it (if she hasn't already). By the way, you'll have to let me know if you have a family blog. I keep meaning to email you and I always forget.